Thursday, October 23, 2008

RTW 5k, followed by DIRT BIKING is on! EDITED

I just spoke with Elisharose, it's a GO. Their son has been slacking in his studies and this has postponed our activities from last weekend to this Saturday. Apparently the boy has decided it's a good thing to study, as dirtbiking is at the end of the tunnel...weather will be great...If not this time, no sweat. Riding can happen on any weekend... :):)

See topic a few topics below this one....

C'mon out...grilling, riding, good times...

EDIT:

Apparently a key figure in this HUGE endeavor this weekend is already in the hospital! Even before riding dirtbikes with Ev!

Dude claims to have a kidney stone, in the hospital, and says "it hurts"....oh cry me a river, little man!! Good grief. WIMP!

Just kidding! DAMN, I'm feeling for you! Females who've had 'stones have said it was worse than giving birth to a child (where's my 'freaked-out-eyes-wide-open emoticon'??). Sucks to be you, rest up.

I'm going to SNEAK Tessie (pure bred Border Collie) out of here tomorrow morning to go run the RTW5k with us. EVERYONE just LOVES Tess! Firstly, I can't dress in running clothes because the dogs KNOW when it's weekend and get totally stoked when they see me in running attire. I really don't want Mackie to bolt if she sees me drive out with Tessie. Before Jazz disappeared, it was Jazz and Mackie who battled/played every morning. They didn't notice/didn't care when I took Tess to the RTW race, because they had each other. With Jazz gone, I'm concerned. I'm fenced, but a dog that wants out IS out of the yard.



So I'll dress nonchalantly and change clothes at the race....and Mackie will be out grazing in the yard, checking stuff out and I'll whisper to Tessie and she'll know EXACTLY what we're doing and will silently hop in the truck and lie down as told!

Mackie is an American Bulldog, the BEST dog on this earth! BUT, folks who live in The Woodlands and walk on the trail where the race is held WOULD MOST CERTAINLY submit complaints!! Mack's a big dog and old people with little dogs surely won't appreciate Mackie!

Running in the WG Jones Forest off of 1488:






Over and out....

6 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Not sure what Saturday has in store for me. I ran for the first day on a left foot that is getting through a blister from Saturday's Marathon 2 Marathon in west Texas.

30 minutes of the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike was about all I could stand!

Membership Required said...

we are in for RTW 5K....I may be walking the majority but will try to run. But biking is out due to overload on babies. See you in the morning.

26.2 Princess said...

Tempting. Okay, maybe not the dirt-biking part, but I'll take your word for it that its fun :) I'm actually running my 21 mile training run in the morning, so I'll miss out on all of the fun in the Woodlands. Thanks for invite though!

L said...

I am not happy. Not even a little bit. This is not fun. Would not wish this on Farouk Attia, and I really never cared for him. Going to be doing some things tomorrow, but can't imagine using the kidney as a component of suspension, just does not have much appeal right now. BUMMED!!!! (Where is my bummed face in pain and agony emoticon?) Drugs are calling me to bed, update later.

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Thanks! I've been slacking the past week on blogging/reading and missed it. Mackie is adorable!! Shame on those 'olds! :)

Tiggs said...

awww those doggies are sweet :)