Monday, August 25, 2008

HUMBLED by Sunday's run....

Man, I NEED a work week to recover from the weekend!! Does the theme sound familiar? I RAISED HELL this past weekend!

Went to the Run The Woodlands 5k race on Saturday. I left Tessie at home because bringing her might have left the American Bulldog alone and wanting to escape the yard. I'm not yet sure how to handle Tessie's running with the disappearance of the old Border Collie. At least 5 people asked where my dog was, 3 of the people asked for her by name! Of course no one knows my name, only Tessie's!

I wanted to really kick some tail on Saturday. About halfway through the 5k race, it was evident that it WASN'T cool or un-humid. I was dying out there! I did pretty well at 22:22, but it surely wasn't sub-22.

Sunday morning brought the opportunity to run with The Woodlands Running Club, as the forest run was canceled due to rain that didn't fall. In my typically cocky, lackadaisical way, I approached the 10 miles easily, "sheesh, it's only 10 miles, piece of cake".... WRONG!! I was HUMBLED by these people and this run! HAMMERED! These folks run FAST!! I thought my toes were all broken when I finished.

My athletic fortitude SUCKS! I was looking to BAIL! I'm torn up this morning! I now realize that I'm not nearly as well off to go run half-marathons as I thought! I'm actually going to have to WORK at this!! ARGH!!

Sunday after nearly dying on the run, I "loaded up" and went to the Motocross track! Of course, did you think otherwise?!! Saw some friends out there and rode for an hour...QUITE the workout! Don't think that MX riding isn't very strenuous just because it's motorized...riding MX is plenty tough and a stout workout!

Then there was a shower, lunch, and a NAP! Yea!

I've gotta recover, tough weekend! FAST RUNNERS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, that nap thing sounds awesome after the two days of running you had.

Me thinks it will be a lot less "work" once the humidity goes south for the winter.

26.2 Princess said...

I can only dream of running a 5k in 22 minutes. That's awesome in my book!

Evan Guy said...

Carolyn, join me for dirt biking one day, it'll be a hoot. I'm an excellent instructor and I have some bikes that would be perfect for you...c'mon...

...and thanks for the compliment!...